Foster Care Services Case Manager
Remarkable People — We Are a Remarkable Team
At Damar Services, our mission is to build better futures for children and adults facing life's greatest developmental and behavioral challenges. Our team of more than 900 human services professionals works collaboratively with families, referring organizations, government agencies and each other to achieve success for our clients. Along with valuable support from more than 1000 volunteers, we help those we proudly serve develop new skills, a greater sense of confidence — and most importantly — hope!
We are currently seeking a talented, motivated and detail oriented Foster Care Services Case Manager to be responsible for performing a variety of professional and para-professional duties related to monitoring the care, safety and well-being of children placed in the agency’s licensed foster family homes. In addition, the case manager is responsible for providing extensive support to licensed foster families relating to the daily care and supervision of children served by Damar Foster Care Services.
Quality Services/High Quality Staff
• Maintains weekly contact at a minimum of one time per week with foster family homes with children in placement.
• Conducts foster family home visits and face to face visits with children in placement as dictated by each child’s assigned category of supervision and the agency’s contract with DCS.
• Completes weekly contact and progress notes within 24 hours of each contact/visit with foster family and/or child.
• Establishes Treatment Plan goals within 7 days of a child’s placement.
• Monitors and reevaluates the established Treatment Plan goals for each child placed in a foster family home.
• Completes monthly treatment status reports for each child in placement no later than the 5th of each month. Reports will be submitted to Director of Foster Care Services for review prior to electronically sending reports to the appropriate DCS Family Case Manager no later than the 10th of each month.
• Maintains files for all children placed in foster family homes and ensures files meet required contractual standards.
• Completes Home Health, Safety and Compliance Checklists one time monthly for every foster family home with a child in placement.
• Attends mandatory case related activities as scheduled, including, but not limited to, CFTMs and court hearings.
• Maintains consistent and open communication with all members of a child’s team and those providing services to the child and/or foster family, including DCS FCM, CASA, GAL, therapist, doctors, teachers, visitation coordinator and other service providers.
• Provides support and assistance to foster families and children in crisis situations; is available 24/7 by phone for emergency situations.
• Assists with placement coordination.
• Assists the programs and staff in meeting industry trends and optimizing service to meet desired outcomes.
• Assists with providing RAPT pre-service training, as well as ongoing foster parent training sessions, as needed.
• Assists with conducting SAFE foster home assessments and completing the home study process, as needed.
• Assists with completing foster home Annual Review, and other licensing requirements, as needed.
• Assists with providing child care during foster parent ongoing training sessions, when applicable.
• Adheres to all policies and procedures as defined in the Employee Handbook and Damar Operational Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Takes pride and ownership in Damar’s facilities and assigned work areas.
• Attends mandatory staff meeting and other meetings as assigned.
• Completes and updates mandatory training and other licensure related items in a timely manner.
• Maintains documentation that is accurate and legible.
• Completes incident reports, including reporting any suspected exploitation, abuse, or neglect of a client.
• Ensures that the agency meets its quality improvement, evaluation and reporting requirements.
• Actively participates in and/or oversees data collection and the use of data to improve outcomes, practices and service delivery.
• Utilizes data collection in relation to driving and tracking outcomes and achieving agency initiatives and goals.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Seeks the best use of materials, equipment and staff to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
• Acts as a good steward of Damar and/or client finances.
• Respects the culture, diversity and rights of all clients, their families and the community.
• Shows initiative by identifying solutions to work towards improving stakeholder satisfaction.
Growth and Transformation
• Prioritizes duties in a manner consistent with organizational objectives and growth.
• Ability to follow and execute specific verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, in a timely and responsive manner.
• Ability to promote and maintain positive interactions with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to convey enthusiasm, motivation and compassion to foster families and employees.
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
• Ability to be organized and manage and prioritize multiple assignments.
• Ability to work under pressure and adjust to a diverse working environment.
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive and confidential information, as well as sensitive situations.
• Ability to be flexible in adapting to changes in priorities, assignments, and other interruptions, which may impact pre-established timelines and courses of action for completing projects and assignments.
• Ability to identify information, materials, and resources needed to complete a project or assignment.
• Ability to carry out a variety of critical and time sensitive projects without detailed instructions.
• Ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail when completing multiple assignments.
• Ability to utilize technology efficiently, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office programs, the internet, MaGIK, and the licensing and placement database utilized by Damar Foster Care Services.
• Ability to collaborate with members of a team.
• Direct relevant and applied experience in the field of child welfare and/or foster care, operating in accordance with state mandated policies and procedures.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, associated human service field, or applicable discipline required.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience working with children with challenging behaviors, developmental and/or emotional disabilities, preferably in an LCPA or community-based setting.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in therapeutic foster care case management, with comprehensive understanding of Indiana’s foster care system.
• Five (5) years of case management experience preferred.
• Prior experience facilitating classroom training preferred.
• Knowledge of, experience with and/or certification in Indiana DCS RAPT training curriculum preferred.
• Certified to conduct CPR and First Aide training desired.
• Knowledge of, experience with and/or certification in the SAFE home study assessment model preferred.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills required, including interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Minimum age of 21 years old.
• Valid Indiana driver’s license and driving record that meets eligibility requirements of Damar’s insurance carrier (for all positions requiring driving).
• Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and physical.
• Must meet background screening requirements of program(s) assigned to.
• Ability to work some evenings and weekends required. On-call 24/7 as required for emergency needs.