Specialized Care Partner
Remarkable People — We Are a Remarkable Team
*We have a new building opening soon, and are looking to fill ALL AVAILABLE SHIFTS (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and Weekends only) this summer! Apply today if you would like to help us make a difference in these children's lives!*
At Damar, our people are remarkable. Our staff are dedicated to serving our clients to achieve remarkable results. We are a diverse team of men and women with a wide range of skills and experiences interested in careers that matter. We will provide you the training to help you not only provide the best service to our clients, but provide a place where you can fulfill your career ambitions. With competitive benefits, a culture of compassion, innovation and fun, Damar Services offers you the opportunity to do remarkable work.
The Specialized Care Partner will be provided comprehensive training enabling the performance of a variety of Para-professional tasks related to the care of individuals served by Damar Services.
Quality Services/High Quality Staff
• Participates in evaluation and assessment of client needs.
• Consistently implements behavior management plans to reduce and stabilize client’s maladaptive behaviors while promoting appropriate social behaviors and maximizing human potential of each client served.
• Promotes and assists with the development of appropriate daily living, self-help and social skills.
• Ensures that all activities, services and programs through Damar are conducted in a manner that is sensitive to and shows respect for the cultural and ethnic diversity for all Damar clients.
• Conducts and supervises recreational and life enrichment activities.
• Demonstrates consistent engagement and competent supervision and monitoring of the clients.
• Understands and protects client’s rights.
• Follows clinical team and physician orders to properly administer medication to clients.
• Effectively responds to and manages crisis situations, which may include client physical aggression, utilizing prescribed verbal intervention or physical management techniques.
• Assists in maintaining a safe and healthy environment, including performing a variety of tasks related to housekeeping including cleaning, washing soiled clothing, changing bed linen, folding and sorting clean laundry.
• Operates Damar vehicles and/or personal vehicles to transport residents or perform other work related duties.
• Completes all required documentation on a daily basis, in a professional manner – must be objective, accurate and thorough - to provide consistent client treatment.
• Understands and follows the rules governing client service documentation, including but not limited to medication logs, incident reports, progress notes and all other documentation assigned.
• Will adhere to all policies and procedures as defined in the Employee Handbook and Damar Operational Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Takes pride and ownership in Damar’s facilities and assigned work areas.
• Attends mandatory staff meeting and other meetings as assigned.
• Completes and updates mandatory training and other licensure related items in a timely manner.
• Maintains documentation that is accurate and legible.
• Completes incident reports, including reporting any suspected exploitation, abuse, or neglect of a client.
• Ensures that the agency meets its quality improvement, evaluation and reporting requirements.
• Actively participates in and/or oversees data collection and the use of data to improve outcomes, practices and service delivery.
• Utilizes data collection in relation to driving and tracking outcomes and achieving agency initiatives and goals.
• Performs others duties as assigned.
• Adheres to parameters of the Agency’s budget, including appropriately utilizing Agency credit cards (Gas Cards, Wal-Mart, etc.), accurately reporting time and obtaining proper approval for overtime.
• Seeks the best use of materials, equipment and staff to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
• Acts as a good steward of Damar and/or client finances.
• Works with clients, professional and other staff, client’s families and the community in a courteous and respectful manner to provide proper habilitation.
• Respects the culture, diversity and rights of all clients, their families and the community.
• Shows initiative by identifying solutions to work towards improving stakeholder satisfaction.
Growth and Transformation
• Prioritizes duties in a manner consistent with organizational objectives and growth.
• Ability to follow and execute specific verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to promote and maintain positive interaction with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Knowledge of simple health and safety precautions.
• Demonstrate respect for cultural, ethnic, spiritual and linguistic diversity and values including differences in personal goals, lifestyle choices and varying family backgrounds and histories.
• Ability to write daily progress and behavior reports using a professional and objective style.
• Ability to pass and maintain Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) certification if working in children’s residential home/unit licensed by Dept. of Child Services (DCS).
• Ability to physically manage and restrain clients when necessary, including ability to assist in lifting, maneuvering, and physically supporting individuals up to 200 pounds; ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
• Ability to walk, sit, stand, for long periods of time. May also be required to stoop, bend, squat, push, pull, run, kneel and have full dexterity and agility.
• Associate’s degree/2 years of college OR a High School diploma / GED with a minimum of 2 years of relevant residential experience. Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Minimum age of 21 depending on program and / or department requirements.
• Valid Indiana driver’s license and driving record that meets eligibility requirements of Damar’s insurance carrier (for all positions requiring driving).
• Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and physical.
• Must meet and maintain background screening requirements of program(s) assigned to.
• No felony convictions or other criminal offenses involving a dependent population.