Remarkable People. Remarkable Results.
At Damar, our people are remarkable. Our staff are dedicated to serving our clients to achieve remarkable results. We are a diverse team of men and women with a wide range of skills and experiences interested in careers that matter. We will provide you the training to help you not only provide the best service to our clients, but provide a place where you can fulfill your career ambitions. With competitive benefits, a culture of compassion, innovation and fun, Damar Services offers you the opportunity to do remarkable work.
We are currently seeking a talented, motivated and detail oriented Groundskeeper to be responsible for ensuring Damar property, buildings and grounds are maintained at the highest standards of excellence.
(In Season)- Responsible for the complete lawn care operations of Damar Services, Inc. This includes the entire main campus, base and group homes. Lawn care operations will be complete mowing, trimming, edging, weeding and mulching.
(Off Season)- Responsible for winter storage of all lawn care equipment. This position will be assigned to the Maintenance Department in the off-season. The primary responsibility of this position will be assisting other maintenance staff in the overall repair and maintenance of the entire facility.
Quality Services/High Quality Staff
• Cleans and maintains all lawn care equipment
• Maintains timely schedule of lawn care operations
• Responsive to the needs of residential staff
• Reports to the maintenance department for daily duties in inclement weather
• Makes necessary repairs to the lawn care equipment
• Ensure proper storage of all lawn care equipment
• Report to the maintenance department daily for job duties
• Available for 24 hour on-call for snow removal
• Will adhere to all policies and procedures as defined in the Employee Handbook and Damar Operational Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Takes pride and ownership in Damar’s facilities and assigned work areas.
• Attends mandatory staff meeting and other meetings as assigned.
• Completes and updates mandatory training and other licensure related items in a timely manner.
• Maintains documentation that is accurate and legible.
• Completes incident reports, including reporting any suspected exploitation, abuse, or neglect of a client.
• Ensures that the Agency meets its quality improvement, evaluation and reporting requirements.
• Actively participates in and/or oversees data collection and the use of data to improve outcomes, practices and service delivery.
• Utilizes data collection in relation to driving and tracking outcomes and achieving Agency initiatives and goals.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Seeks the best use of materials, equipment and staff to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
• Acts as a good steward of Damar and/or client finances.
• Respects the culture, diversity and rights of all clients, their families and the community.
• Shows initiative by identifying solutions to work towards improving stakeholder satisfaction.
Growth and Transformation
• Prioritizes duties in a manner consistent with organizational objectives and growth.
• Ability to follow and execute specific oral and written instructions.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to promote and maintain positive interaction with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Working knowledge of lawn care operations and associated equipment care and usage
• Must have the ability to climb, bend, twist, squat, lift, pull and push with wrist, arm, shoulder, back and hands with weights ranging from 10 to 80 pounds
• Lifting the above weights can range from floor to overhead in height
• Minimum age of 21 depending on program and / or department requirements.
• Valid Indiana driver’s license and driving record that meets eligibility requirements of Damar’s insurance carrier (for all positions requiring driving).
• Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and physical.
• Must meet background screening requirements of program(s) assigned to.