Remarkable People — We Are a Remarkable Team
At Damar, our people are remarkable. Our staff are dedicated to serving our clients to achieve remarkable results. We are a diverse team of men and women with a wide range of skills and experiences interested in careers that matter. We will provide you the training to help you not only provide the best service to our clients, but provide a place where you can fulfill your career ambitions. With competitive benefits, a culture of compassion, innovation and fun, Damar Services offers you the opportunity to do remarkable work.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for a variety of Accounting functions for the agency. Essential job duties and responsibilities are in accordance with Damar’s Strategic Plan and requirements by Licensure.
Quality Services/High Quality Staff
• Maintain contract control sheets to track and record any program changes or funding changes for clients.
• Books revenue at the end of each month for residential services.
• Books revenue and cash receipts for ABA services.
• Prepares copies of invoices for funding sources and mail or forward as required.
• Provides support for Accounts Payable Specialist, as needed.
• Assists with annual financial audits and provide information needed by auditors.
• Assists in collection of all A/R; rebilling and phone contact as necessary.
• Assists employees with questions, problems, etc.
• Assists with financial report preparation bi-monthly.
• Will adhere to all policies and procedures as defined in the Employee Handbook and Damar Operational Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Takes pride and ownership in Damar’s facilities and assigned work areas.
• Attends mandatory staff meetings and other meetings as assigned.
• Completes and updates mandatory training and other licensure related items in a timely manner.
• Maintains documentation that is accurate and legible.
• Completes incident reports, including reporting any suspected exploitation, abuse, or neglect of a client.
• Ensures that the Agency meets its quality improvement, evaluation and reporting requirements.
• Actively participates in and/or oversees data collection and the use of data to improve outcomes, practices and service delivery.
• Utilizes data collection in relation to driving and tracking outcomes and achieving Agency initiatives and goals.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Seeks the best use of materials, equipment and staff to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
• Acts as a good steward of Damar and/or client finances.
• Respects the culture, diversity and rights of all clients, their families and the community.
• Shows initiative by identifying solutions to work towards improving stakeholder satisfaction.
Growth and Transformation
• Prioritizes duties in a manner consistent with organizational objectives and growth.
• Skill in being a self-starter and highly detailed oriented.
• Ability to follow and execute specific oral and written instructions.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to promote and maintain positive interaction with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
• MBA or CPA a plus.
• Minimum age of 21 depending on program and / or department requirements.
• Valid Indiana driver’s license and driving record that meets eligibility requirements of Damar’s insurance carrier (for all positions requiring driving).
• Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and physical.
• Must meet background screening requirements of program(s) assigned to.