Damar Charter Academy Outpatient Counselor
Remarkable People — We Are a Remarkable Team
At Damar, our people are remarkable. Our staff are dedicated to serving our clients to achieve remarkable results. We are a diverse team of men and women with a wide range of skills and experiences interested in careers that matter. We will provide you the training to help you not only provide the best service to our clients, but provide a place where you can fulfill your career ambitions. With competitive benefits, a culture of compassion, innovation and fun, Damar Services offers you the opportunity to do remarkable work.
We are currently seeking a talented, motivated and detail oriented individuals to join our highly skilled team. The Outpatient Counselor will perform a variety of duties related to case development, treatment plan development and implementation, and crisis intervention in individual treatment of clients. The incumbent is responsible for providing individual and family therapy, group support, crisis intervention, as well as other support services to assigned clients. Additionally, the Outpatient Counselor will assists the treatment team, including the Residential Director of Clinical Services, Outpatient team, and other members as designated, in the evaluation of clinical services.
Quality Services/High Quality Staff
• Serves as a member of Damar Services’ interdisciplinary team.
• Provides counseling services for identified clients and their support network.
• Maintains neat, chronological records of all contacts and casework with clients, families and community resources.
• Performs comprehensive formal and functional assessments.
• Implements, coordinates, monitor, documents, and evaluate measurable treatment goals.
• Ensures that consistent behavioral-based treatment occurs for clients through ongoing training of client’s identified support network.
• Participates in clinical staffing for clients in the Outpatient Clinic.
• Provide crisis intervention as necessary.
• Interacts professionally with parents, school, medical personnel, and others using only excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Keep abreast of current treatment technology, literature, practices, and regulations.
• Attends meetings, conferences, and workshops as recommended by the Director of Outpatient Services.
• Participates as a member of Damar’s Leadership Team Meeting.
• Will adhere to all policies and procedures as defined in the Employee Handbook and Damar Operational Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Takes pride and ownership in Damar’s facilities and assigned work areas.
• Attends mandatory staff meeting and other meetings as assigned.
• Completes and updates mandatory training and other licensure related items in a timely manner.
• Maintains documentation that is accurate and legible.
• Completes incident reports, including reporting any suspected exploitation, abuse, or neglect of a client
• Ensures that the agency meets its quality improvement, evaluation and reporting requirements.
• Actively participates in and/or oversees data collection and the use of data to improve outcomes, practices and service delivery.
• Utilizes data collection in relation to driving and tracking outcomes and achieving agency initiatives and goals.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Seeks the best use of materials, equipment and staff to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
• Acts as a good steward of Damar and/or client finances.
• Respects the culture, diversity and rights of all clients, their families and the community.
• Shows initiative by identifying solutions to work towards improving stakeholder satisfaction.
Growth and Transformation
• Prioritizes duties in a manner consistent with organizational objectives and growth.
• Ability to follow and execute specific verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to promote and maintain positive interaction with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Knowledge and self-awareness of personal bias.
• Demonstrate respect for cultural, ethnic, spiritual and linguistic diversity and values including differences in personal goals, lifestyle choices and varying family backgrounds and histories.
• Ability to pass and maintain Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) certification if working in children’s residential home/unit licensed by Dept. of Child Services (DCS).
• Ability to physically manage and restrain clients when necessary, including ability to assist in lifting, maneuvering, and physically supporting individuals up to 200 pounds; ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
• Ability to walk, sit, stand, for long periods of time. May also be required to stoop, bend, squat, push, pull, run, kneel and have full dexterity and agility.
• Minimum age of 21 depending on program and / or department requirements.
• Valid Indiana driver’s license and driving record that meets eligibility requirements of Damar’s insurance carrier (for all positions requiring driving).
• Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and physical.
• Must meet background screening requirements of program(s) assigned to.
• Master’s degree required preferably in social work, psychology, counseling or applicable discipline.
• Plus one year social work or counseling experience.
• Experience working with children with challenging behaviors, developmental and/or emotional disabilities is desired.