Remarkable People — We Are a Remarkable Team
At Damar, our people are remarkable. Our staff are dedicated to serving our clients to achieve remarkable results. We are a diverse team of men and women with a wide range of skills and experiences interested in careers that matter. We will provide you the training to help you not only provide the best service to our clients, but provide a place where you can fulfill your career ambitions. With competitive benefits, a culture of compassion, innovation and fun, Damar Services offers you the opportunity to do remarkable work.
The Training Specialist for responsible for providing direct training to employees Damar Services. Provides both internal and external trainings as assigned and enhances Damar’s reputation within the industry and in the community.
• Designs, plans and implements learning and development programs to drive organization improvement.
• Develops teaching outlines and instructional methods for individual and group learning opportunities.
• Conducts training sessions for internal and external stakeholders, such as New Hire Orientation, 1st Aid/CPR, certifications, etc.
• Demonstrates ownership of the training process including full accountability to meet department training goals and creating a positive learner experience through managing the training schedule, content, interactions, and outcomes.
• Collaborates with the Director of Training and subject matter experts to develop and implement projects/training activities to promote clinical and administrative expertise within Damar and within the industry.
• Delivers synchronous and asynchronous learning events using varied media in virtual and local environments.
• Conducts Training Needs Analysis (TNA) using ADDIE methodology that identifies competencies, training requirements, training/professionalization deficiencies and learning objectives.
• Maintains relationships with Damar’s program management teams to serve as a business partner and proactively address learning needs.
• Maintains electronic and paper records, including tracking trainings completed, attendance records, completion of all required documentation.
• Attends mandatory staff meetings, supervision, trainings and other meetings as assigned.
• Adheres to all policies and procedures as defined in the Employee Handbook and Damar Operational Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Completes incident reports, including reporting any suspected exploitation, abuse, or neglect of a client.
• Ensures that the Damar meets its quality improvement, evaluation and reporting requirements for areas of responsibility.
• Actively participates in and/or oversees data collection and the use of data to improve outcomes, practices and service delivery.
• Utilizes data collection in relation to driving and tracking outcomes and achieving Damar initiatives and goals.
• Takes pride and ownership in Damar’s facilities and assigned work areas.
• Acts as a good steward of Damar’s finances.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, education, adult learning or closely related field. Related experience may substitute for education.
Experience: 2-4 years teaching, educational administration, development of instructional materials or professional training. Experience with Cornerstone on Demand Learning Management System and Articulate Storyline preferred.
Equipment Familiarity: Proficiency with MS Office applications including: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Certifications, Licenses or Special Training: Proficiency with MS Office applications including: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Must have or be able to obtain Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) Trainer Certification.
• Must have or be able to obtain 1st Aid/CPR Trainer Certification.
• Must meet and maintain background screening requirements for all Damar Programs as detailed in policy 1.HR.02 Pre-Employment and Employee Background Checks.
• Valid Indiana driver’s license and driving record that meets eligibility requirements of Damar’s insurance carrier.
• Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and physical required.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Solid understanding and proven application of adult learning principles.
• Ability to create supporting course documentation, including design documents, storyboards and learning objectives.
• Ability to represent Damar’s brand with excitement, enthusiasm, and professionalism.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and listening skills.
• Ability to facilitation learning experiences with confidence for groups up to 100 people.
• Understands learning and cultural differences that drive learner effectiveness.
• Read, understand, and review documents for accuracy and relevant information.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Compose correspondence and compile and arrange data in a readable and comprehensible manner.
• Establish and maintain electronic and paper record keeping systems.
• Coordinate activities and meet critical deadlines.
• Understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
• Operate office and audio video equipment including computers and supporting word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
• Type and enter data at a speed necessary for successful job performance.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule – including nights and weekends.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight (up to 35lbs); to maneuver and physical support individuals (up to 200lbs); to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other locations using various modes of private and commercial transportation; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Regular, acceptable attendance for work (excluding excused absences and periods of leave) is an essential function of the job, and must be maintained to be successful. Reasonable accommodations that do not cause undue hardship may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Employees who wish to request an accommodation or assistance are responsible for notifying the Agency of their request and engaging in interactive communication with Damar to determine available options.