Talent Acquisition Specialist
Remarkable People — We Are a Remarkable Team
At Damar, our people are remarkable. Our staff are dedicated to serving our clients to achieve remarkable results. We are a diverse team of men and women with a wide range of skills and experiences interested in careers that matter. We will provide you the training to help you not only provide the best service to our clients, but provide a place where you can fulfill your career ambitions. With competitive benefits, a culture of compassion, innovation and fun, Damar Services offers you the opportunity to do remarkable work.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist serves as a champion for the Damar brand while being responsible for sourcing and recruitment of positions across all programs within the agency.
• Manage the entire hiring process from sourcing to offer acceptance to include creating and managing job postings, opening requisitions in the ATS, sourcing candidates, reviewing resumes, conducting applicant interviews, scheduling interviews for hiring managers, providing candidate summaries to hiring managers and extending offers of employment.
• Proactive identification of talent using multiple techniques, including: job boards, Boolean keyword searches, college and university partnership, internal ATS, social media, networking, employee referrals, career fairs and other effective resources.
• Consult and partner with hiring managers to understand business needs, develop position specific sourcing and recruitment plans and identify viable candidate pools.
• Provide timely communications and feedback to hiring managers and candidates.
• Maintain accurate information in the Applicant Tracking system to include moving candidates through the recruitment workflow, respond to candidate inquiries, and complete all required requisition fields to allow for accurate and timely reporting of processes.
• Serve as a backup for on-boarding activities to include pre-employment background checks and agency specific verifications.
• Adhere to all policies and procedures as defined in the Employee Handbook and Damar Operational Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Take pride and ownership in Damar’s facilities and assigned work areas.
• Attend mandatory staff meeting and other meetings as assigned.
• Complete and updates mandatory training and other licensure related items in a timely manner.
• Maintain documentation that is accurate and legible.
• Complete incident reports, including reporting any suspected exploitation, abuse, or neglect of a client.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Seek the best use of materials, equipment and staff to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
• Act as a good steward of Damar and/or client finances.
• Respect the culture, diversity and rights of all clients, their families and the community.
• Show initiative by identifying solutions to work towards improving stakeholder satisfaction.
• Build collaborative relationships with vendors and auditors of Damar.
• Prioritize duties in a manner consistent with organizational objectives and growth.
Education: Bachelor’s degree and two to four years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Experience: Two to four years of professional sourcing and recruitment experience preferred.
Equipment Familiarity: Previous experience working with HRIS and ATS systems preferred as well as proficiency with MS Office applications including: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Ability to lead process improvement efforts and enforce hiring policies across Damar.
• Knowledge of general principles of recruiting, staffing systems and tools.
• Knowledge of staffing, employment law, and human resources.
• Knowledge of industry regulations related to employment and background checks.
• Excellent organizational skills, with a high attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines in a busy environment.
• Reads, understands, and reviews documents for accuracy, relevant information and errors in grammar or structure.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship management, positive attitude, sense of humor with a commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
• Communicates clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
• Team orientation and ability to collaborate across departments.
• Ability to work a varied schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in various event and office settings; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight (up to 50 lbs); to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other locations using various modes of private and commercial transportation; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Regular, acceptable attendance for work (excluding excused absences and periods of leave) is an essential function of the job, and must be maintained to be successful. Reasonable accommodations that do not cause undue hardship may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Employees who wish to request an accommodation or assistance are responsible for notifying the Agency of their request and engaging in interactive communication with Damar to determine available options.