Maintenance Technician II
Remarkable People. Remarkable Results.
At Damar, our people are remarkable. Our staff are dedicated to serving our clients to achieve remarkable results. We are a diverse team of men and women with a wide range of skills and experiences interested in careers that matter. We will provide you the training to help you not only provide the best service to our clients, but provide a place where you can fulfill your career ambitions. With competitive benefits, a culture of compassion, innovation and fun, Damar Services offers you the opportunity to do remarkable work.
We are currently seeking a talented, motivated and detail oriented Maintenance Tech I to be responsible through consistent application of the highest health and safety standards, ensures that all residents reside in a safe, clean and healthy environment. The buildings and equipment shall be maintained in such a manner as to comply with the regulations of all governing agencies, to ensure our residents have the best possible living conditions available.
Quality Services/High Quality Staff
• Report directly to the Maintenance Supervisor, Campus
• Maintain basic working knowledge of building and grounds maintenance
• Performs daily tasks as assigned
• Performs daily mechanical room checks
• Performs routine preventive maintenance of all equipment and facilities
• Maintain high quality of work
• Will adhere to all policies and procedures as defined in the Employee Handbook and Damar Operational Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Takes pride and ownership in Damar’s facilities and assigned work areas.
• Attends mandatory staff meetings and other meetings as assigned.
• Completes and updates mandatory training and other licensure related items in a timely manner.
• Maintains documentation that is accurate and legible.
• Completes incident reports, including reporting any suspected exploitation, abuse, or neglect of a client.
• Ensures that the Agency meets its quality improvement, evaluation and reporting requirements.
• Actively participates in and/or oversees data collection and the use of data to improve outcomes, practices and service delivery.
• Utilizes data collection in relation to driving and tracking outcomes and achieving Agency initiatives and goals.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Seeks the best use of materials, equipment and staff to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
• Acts as a good steward of Damar and/or client finances.
• Respects the culture, diversity and rights of all clients, their families and the community.
• Shows initiative by identifying solutions to work towards improving stakeholder satisfaction.
Growth and Transformation
• Prioritizes duties in a manner consistent with organizational objectives and growth.
• Ability to follow and execute specific oral and written instructions.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to promote and maintain positive interaction with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Must have the ability to climb, bend, twist, squat, lift, pull and push with wrist, arm, shoulder, back and hands with weights ranging from 10 to 80 pounds
• Lifting the above weights can range from floor to overhead in height
• Minimum age of 21 depending on program and / or department requirements.
• Valid Indiana driver’s license and driving record that meets eligibility requirements of Damar’s insurance carrier (for all positions requiring driving).
• Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and physical.
• Must meet background screening requirements of program(s) assigned to.
• Must have the availability of 24 hour on call for all facilities