Quality and Compliance Manager
Remarkable People — We Are a Remarkable Team
At Damar, our people are remarkable. Our staff are dedicated to serving our clients to achieve remarkable results. We are a diverse team of men and women with a wide range of skills and experiences interested in careers that matter. We will provide you the training to help you not only provide the best service to our clients, but provide a place where you can fulfill your career ambitions. With competitive benefits, a culture of compassion, innovation and fun, Damar Services offers you the opportunity to do remarkable work.
We are currently seeking a talented, motivated and detail oriented Quality and Compliance Manager who will be responsible for executing the compliance processes related to the monitoring and mitigation of financial, quality, regulatory and process compliance for assigned program(s). The Quality and Compliance Manager will monitor and communicate to ensure service compliance requirements are understood, required compliance activities are complete, and any corrective actions or risk mitigation activities are addressed in region. INDHP123
Quality Services/High Quality Staff
• Actively participates in and/or oversees data collection and the use of data to improve outcomes, practices and service delivery.
• Utilizes data collection in relation to driving and tracking outcomes and achieving organization initiatives and goals.
• Contributes to the development of corrective action plans. Implements and monitors those plans in conjunction with management and leadership teams.
• Provides service support, training and performance metrics/statistics to the team in addition to initiating and implementing process improvements.
• Conducts internal audits. Monitors and reports all noncompliance to the appropriate management personnel.
• Investigates alleged abuse, neglect, and/or exploitation of clients to determine if abusive or unsafe conditions exist. Works with external stakeholders such as police, CPS and APS related to active external investigations.
• Leads semi-annual client satisfaction surveys for assigned program(s).
• Monitors and supports PQI activities and initiatives by providing timely reports, oral presentations and leadership.
• Assists Vice President, Performance Management with development of policies and procedures for assigned program(s). Runs PQI meetings for assigned areas.
• Maintains appropriate database(s) and dashboards.
• Identifies and escalates issues appropriately to the Vice President, Performance Management. Assists with annual PQI reports and accreditation (COA/CARF) annual responses, internal audit reviews and reaccreditation.
• Acts as Damar’s representative at various industry meetings, conferences, committees as directed.
• Exhibits positive attitude and appropriate role modeling at all times in the work place and when representing Damar in the community.
• Keeps abreast of current treatment technology, literature, practices and regulations, and assure that Damar’s services meet best practice standards.
• Adheres to all policies and procedures as defined in the Employee Handbook and Damar Operational Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Takes pride and ownership in Damar’s facilities and assigned work areas.
• Attends mandatory staff meeting and other meetings as assigned.
• Completes and updates mandatory training and other licensure related items in a timely manner.
• Maintains documentation that is accurate and legible.
• Completes incident reports, including reporting any suspected exploitation, abuse, or neglect of a client.
• Ensures that the agency meets its quality improvement, evaluation and reporting requirements.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Seeks the best use of materials, equipment and staff to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
• Acts as a good steward of Damar and/or client finances.
• Creates and maintains positive relationships with other industry members, agencies, community leaders, and funding sources.
• Respects the culture, diversity and rights of all clients, their families and the community.
• Shows initiative by identifying solutions to work towards improving stakeholder satisfaction.
Growth and Transformation
• Prioritizes duties in a manner consistent with organizational objectives and growth.
• Ability to follow and execute specific verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, both verbally and in writing across all areas of the organization.
• Ability to present and interact with the highest level of business leaders – ability to build strong business partnerships is required.
• Ability to promote and maintain positive interaction with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong leadership skills with a collaborative and team oriented style.
• Ability to collect and analyze data.
• Ability to streamline procedures and create systems for smoother work flow.
• Project management skills with a proven track record of defining priorities and ensuring that resources, capabilities and processes are in place to deliver project objectives.
• Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) certification is preferred but not required.
• Ability to physically manage and restrain clients when necessary. May be required to walk, stand, stoop, bend, squat, push, pull, run, and have full dexterity and agility.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum of five years of relevant work experience including health care or social services administration, management, project management, or data analytics.
• Relevant applied experience related to the treatment of individuals with developmental disabilities who have emotional or behavioral issues preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with intermediate skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Microsoft Access experience desired.
• Familiarity with Indiana Administrative Code (IAC), CARF, or COA a plus.
• Minimum age of 21 depending on program and / or department requirements.
• Valid Indiana driver’s license and driving record that meets eligibility requirements of Damar’s insurance carrier (for all positions requiring driving).
• Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and physical.