Quality Care Coordinator
Remarkable People — We Are a Remarkable Team
At Damar, our people are remarkable. Our staff are dedicated to serving our clients to achieve remarkable results. We are a diverse team of men and women with a wide range of skills and experiences interested in careers that matter. We will provide you the training to help you not only provide the best service to our clients, but provide a place where you can fulfill your career ambitions. With competitive benefits, a culture of compassion, innovation and fun, Damar Services offers you the opportunity to do remarkable work.
We are currently seeking a talented, motivated and detail oriented Quality Care Coordinator (QCC) to be responsible for performing a variety of para-professional tasks related to the care of individuals served by Damar. This includes participation in activities that promote the development of appropriate daily living, self-help and social skills of clients. Job responsibilities include the performance of duties related to the physical health and well-being of each resident served.
Quality Services/High Quality Staff
• Manages assigned homes by:
• Serves as an active member of an interdisciplinary treatment team, completing performance evaluations and addressing client concerns including:
• Maintains staff schedules and handles call-offs, schedules replacement staff and manages PTO requests while managing overtime (OT) as well as scheduling of staff activities (i.e. trainings, meetings, etc.) to ensure staffing levels achieve operational objectives.
• Manages all employee functions including recruitment, on the job training, coaching and mentoring, performance appraisals, and performance management functions.
• Ensures updated and thorough documentation is completed for each assigned home and client. Documentation is expected to be accurate and legible.
• Ensures all activities, services and programs through Damar are conducted in a manner that is sensitive to and shows respect for the cultural and ethnic diversity for all Damar clients.
• Adheres to all policies and procedures as defined in the Employee Handbook and Damar Operational Policies and Procedures Manual
• Takes pride and ownership in Damar’s facilities and assigned work areas.
• Attends mandatory staff meeting and other meetings as assigned.
• Completes and updates mandatory training and other licensure related items in a timely manner.
• Works in the direct work sites to facilitate staff and program supervision on a planned basis as well as when needed to decrease overall overtime utilization.
• Completes internal and external incident documentation (incident reports, BDDS reports, etc.) as well as ensures data has been documented and gathered appropriately for completion of monthly reports.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Manages budget for assigned home(s) including appropriately managing overtime expenses.
• Works in homes when necessary to assist with budgetary restraints.
• Seeks the best use of materials, equipment and staff to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
• Acts as a good steward of Damar and/or client finances.
• Acts as a liaison and consistently communicates with families, professionals, guardians and referring agencies to provide best outcomes for clients, their families and the community.
• Respects the culture, diversity and rights of all clients, their families and the community.
• Shows initiative by identifying solutions to work towards improving stakeholder satisfaction.
Growth and Transformation
• Prioritizes duties in a manner consistent with organizational objectives and growth.
• Willingly participates in Damar committee (Program specific or agency-wide).
• Ability to follow and execute specific verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to promote and maintain positive interaction with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Demonstrate respect for cultural, ethnic, spiritual and linguistic diversity and values including differences in personal goals, lifestyles choices and varying family backgrounds and histories.
• Demonstration of effective problem solving skills.
• Ability to manage time effectively to meet both client service objectives and staffing needs.
• Knowledge of budgets and staffing schedules.
• Knowledge of BDDS (transition process, NOAs, Risk Plans, Monthly Summaries, BSP, incident reports) and/or willing to learn.
• Ability to be on call as required.
• Ability to physically manage and restrain clients when necessary, including ability to assist in lifting, maneuvering, and physically supporting individuals up to 200 pounds; ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
• Ability to walk, sit, stand, for long periods of time. May also be required to stoop, bend, squat, push, pull, run, kneel and have full dexterity and agility.
• Ability to follow and execute specific oral and written directions.
• Ability to promote and maintain a positive interaction with clients and other staff.
• High School Diploma Required, Some college hours preferred or a minimum of 3 years of experience in the field of social services.
• Minimum of 1 year experience as a direct care staff working with DD/ID clients or in a school setting as an assistant or aide.
• Minimum age of 21 depending on program and / or department requirements.
• Valid Indiana driver’s license and driving record that meets eligibility requirements of Damar’s insurance carrier (for all positions requiring driving).
• Ability and willingness to operate Damar vehicles and/or personal vehicles to transport residents or perform other work related duties.
• Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and physical.
• Must meet background screening requirements of program(s) assigned to.
• All Quality Care Coordinators positions may be subjected to a 90 day probationary period.
• Successful completion of all required training to include CMT, Core A and/or Core B to become a certified med passer within trial period. (Core B training required only for Group Homes).