Quality Services/High Quality Staff
• Facilitates the efficient and professional handling of all incoming phone calls by maintaining updated client and employee rosters, daily “On Duty” management roster, and agency phone extension lists.
• Manages scheduled events in conference rooms by assisting employees with reservations, configuring rooms to host’s specifications and maintaining appearance of the rooms.
• Oversees utilization of agency vehicles by:
• Responsible for upkeep and cleanliness of kitchen, restrooms and administration office.
• Assists employees with use of copy machine, fax machine, and general office help.
• Provides support to Advancement Department by assisting with mailings, gift recording and acknowledgement of gifts.
• Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of client, employee and agency information.
• Trains new employees and maintains voicemail system.
• Performs general clerical duties to include, but not limited to, providing assistance with word processing, copying, faxing and filing.
• Signs for and distributes UPS/FedEx or similarly delivered packages to appropriate personnel.
• Prepares and processes outgoing mail to include: accurate weighing; coding, sorting, affixing postage, properly addressing, preparing certified/overnight/return receipt mail and purchasing additional postage via postage by phone.
• Ensures timely distribution of incoming mail and faxes.
• Will adhere to all policies and procedures as defined in the Employee Handbook and Damar Operational Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Takes pride and ownership in Damar’s facilities and assigned work areas.
• Attends mandatory staff meeting and other meetings as assigned.
• Completes and updates mandatory training and other licensure related items in a timely manner.
• Maintains documentation that is accurate and legible.
• Completes incident reports, including reporting any suspected exploitation, abuse, or neglect of a client.
• Ensures that the agency meets its quality improvement, evaluation and reporting requirements.
• Actively participates in and/or oversees data collection and the use of data to improve outcomes, practices and service delivery.
• Utilizes data collection in relation to driving and tracking outcomes and achieving agency initiatives and goals.
• Assist with other clerical duties as needed.
• Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, and verifying receipt of supplies.
• Assists immediate supervisor in researching major office purchases and provides cost analysis for approval.
• Seeks the best use of materials, equipment and staff to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
• Acts as a good steward of Damar and/or client finances.
• Provides quality customer service by answering all incoming calls and routing each call to the appropriate person, forward to voice mail, and/or record and distribute written messages.
• Greets visitors and determines whether they should be given access to specific individuals.
• Respects the culture, diversity and rights of all clients, their families and the community.
• Shows initiative by identifying solutions to work towards improving stakeholder satisfaction.
Growth and Transformation
• Prioritizes duties in a manner consistent with organizational objectives and growth.
• Ability to follow and execute specific oral and written instructions.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to promote and maintain positive interaction with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to handle multiple phone lines.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, telephone systems, typewriters, calculators, copiers and facsimile machines.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, lift, push, pull, at least 30 lbs.
• Must be people-oriented and team player.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and immediate typing skills.
• Demonstrate respect for cultural, ethnic, spiritual and linguistic diversity and values including differences in personal goals, lifestyle choices and varying family backgrounds and histories
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Minimum age of 21 depending on program and / or department requirements.
• Valid Indiana driver’s license and driving record that meets eligibility requirements of Damar’s insurance carrier (for all positions requiring driving).
• Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and physical.
• Must meet and maintain background screening requirements of program(s) assigned to.
• Professional phone voice and telephone etiquette.