Remarkable People — We Are a Remarkable Team
At Damar, our people are remarkable. Our staff are dedicated to serving our clients to achieve remarkable results. We are a diverse team of men and women with a wide range of skills and experiences interested in careers that matter. We will provide you the training to help you not only provide the best service to our clients, but provide a place where you can fulfill your career ambitions. With competitive benefits, a culture of compassion, innovation and fun, Damar Services offers you the opportunity to do remarkable work.
We are currently seeking a talented, motivated and detail oriented Case Manager to be responsible for leading, directing and monitoring treatment services and actively promoting agency philosophy in the delivery of those services. Essential job duties and responsibilities are in accordance with Damar’s Strategic Plan and requirements by licensure.
Quality Services/High Quality Staff
• Conducts functional assessment and develops Individualized Program Plans (IPPs) for each assigned client.
• Ensures that all activities, services and programs through Damar are conducted in a manner that is sensitive to and shows respect for the cultural and ethnic diversity for all Damar clients.
• Leads and directs the implementation of IPPs by providing guidance and training to employees for assigned clients.
• Participates in psychiatric reviews for each assigned client by providing direct feedback to psychiatrist during appointments or written feedback through nursing department.
• Completes CANS assessments for assigned residents in accordance with state regulations.
• Responsible for Independent Living assessments and execution of Independent Living services.
• Updates appropriate systems (i.e. Welnet, IARRCA website, etc.) with client information.
• Represents clients at doctor’s appointments and exchanges information effectively and accurately.
• Serves as an active member of an interdisciplinary treatment team by attending and participating in monthly treatment reviews and weekly service line meetings.
• Represents clients in Court Reviews, Child and Family Team meetings, and IEP/Case Conferences by providing accurate information regarding the client’s treatment progress and areas of need.
• Organizes program meetings when necessary.
• Maintains service notes, contacts, data sheet creation, and collection.
• Attends mandatory staff meetings, LTM, program meetings and other meetings as assigned.
• Will adhere to all policies and procedures as defined in the Employee Handbook and Damar Operational Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Takes pride and ownership in Damar’s facilities and assigned work areas.
• Completes and updates mandatory training and other licensure related items in a timely manner.
• Maintains documentation that is accurate and legible.
• Completes incident reports, including reporting any suspected exploitation, abuse, or neglect of a client.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Collaborates with Residential Manager to ensure assigned locations remain within budget parameters.
• Seeks the best use of materials, equipment and staff to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
• Acts as a good steward of Damar and/or client finances.
• Acts as a liaison and consistently communicates with families, professionals, guardians and referring agencies to provide best outcomes for clients. Ensures that these communications are recorded in a timely manner and participates in weekly narrative communication.
• Respects the culture, diversity and rights of all clients, their families and the community.
• Shows initiative by identifying solutions to work towards improving stakeholder satisfaction.
Growth and Transformation
• Remains up to date on treatment best practices to ensure to proactively meet client demands.
• Prioritizes duties in a manner consistent with organizational objectives and growth.
• Ability to follow and execute specific oral and written instructions.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to promote and maintain positive interaction with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Knowledge of budgets.
• Knowledge and self-awareness of personal bias.
• Demonstrate respect for cultural, ethnic, spiritual and linguistic diversity and values including differences in personal goals, lifestyle choices and varying family backgrounds and histories.
• Ability to obtain and maintain Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS) Assessment certification.
• Ability to be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to handle issues as they arise.
• Ability to physically manage and restrain clients when necessary. May be required to walk, stand, stoop, bend, squat, push, pull, run, and have full dexterity and agility.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in social work, psychology, or relevant human services field.
• At least one year of experience in treating DD/ID Population or specialized training preferred.
• Minimum age of 21 per licensure requirements.
• Valid Indiana driver’s license and driving record that meets eligibility requirements of Damar’s insurance carrier (for all positions requiring driving).
• No felony convictions or other criminal offenses involving a dependent population.
• Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and physical.