Remarkable People — We Are a Remarkable Team
At Damar, our people are remarkable. Our staff are dedicated to serving our clients to achieve remarkable results. We are a diverse team of men and women with a wide range of skills and experiences interested in careers that matter. We will provide you the training to help you not only provide the best service to our clients, but provide a place where you can fulfill your career ambitions. With competitive benefits, a culture of compassion, innovation and fun, Damar Services offers you the opportunity to do remarkable work.
We are currently seeking a talented, motivated and detail oriented Cafeteria Aide to be responsible for preparing the cafeteria for serving lunch during school and other scheduled activities as necessary. The Cafeteria Aide will ensure the serving line, tray conveyor, equipment, and tables and chairs are maintained in a clean and sanitary manner.
Quality Services/High Quality Staff
• Prepares the cafeteria for meal time.
• Sets up the appropriate amount of tables and chairs.
• Ensures cafeteria tables and fixtures are maintained clean and safe.
• Sets up the serving line for meal service.
• Stocks the serving line with the necessary supplies and serving utensils.
• Breaks down and cleans the serving line and tray conveyor after serving meals.
• Prepares and sends out the afternoon snack.
• Assists cooks with needed prep work.
• Assists in maintaining the cafeteria, kitchen, and equipment in a clean and sanitary manner which meets licensing requirements, included but not limited to sweeping and mopping floors and cleaning the steam table and tray conveyor.
• Will adhere to all policies and procedures as defined in the Employee Handbook and Damar Operational Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Interacts professionally with parents, teachers, staff, volunteers, and sales and repair people.
• Respects the culture, diversity and rights of all clients, their families and the community.
• Shows initiative by identifying solutions to work towards improving stakeholder satisfaction.
Growth and Transformation
• Prioritizes duties in a manner consistent with organizational objectives and growth.
• Ability to read and follow written menus and recipes.
• Ability to lift 10 to 20 pounds to waist level or overhead.
• Ability to lift up to 42 pounds to waist level.
• Ability to follow and execute specific oral and written instructions.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to promote and maintain positive interaction with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Must have knowledge of and/or experience in food preparation.
• Valid Indiana driver’s license and driving record that meets eligibility requirements of Damar’s insurance carrier (for all positions requiring driving).
• Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and physical.
• Must meet background screening requirements of program(s) assigned to.