Remarkable People — We Are a Remarkable Team
At Damar, our people are remarkable. Our staff are dedicated to serving our clients to achieve remarkable results. We are a diverse team of men and women with a wide range of skills and experiences interested in careers that matter. We will provide you the training to help you not only provide the best service to our clients, but provide a place where you can fulfill your career ambitions. With competitive benefits, a culture of compassion, innovation and fun, Damar Services offers you the opportunity to do remarkable work.
We are currently seeking a talented, motivated and detail oriented Residential Manager to be responsible for leading, directing and monitoring treatment services for Damar’s Children’s Residential Services. In this capacity, the Residential Manager will actively promote agency philosophy in the delivery of services and perform essential job duties and responsibilities in accordance with Damar’s Strategic Plan and requirements by licensure. INDHP123
Quality Services/High Quality Staff
• Manages and oversees the day-to-day residential operations of assigned campus building or group home.
• Manages all employee functions of Lead Staff including recruitment, on the job training, coaching and mentoring, performance appraisals, and performance management functions.
• Manages the on-boarding new staff to appropriately acclimate staff to Damar expectations around client care, service excellence, active supervision and the like while adhering to agency policies and procedures.
• Works with staff and facilitates training of staff, ensuring all staff complete training as required and on time per program specifications.
• Provides support to the Lead Staff in managing staff schedules according to staffing budget. Ensures assigned unit(s) are staffed in alignment with regulatory requirements, including working the unit as required.
• Manages assigned unit Petty Cash and Allowance functions.
• Ensures transportation needs are met (i.e. gas cards).
• Completes outing sheets and off ground checklist in collaboration with the QDDP.
• Ensure clients are safe to go for an off-ground outing.
• Ensures Weekend/holiday notes/plan are complete and sent out to the appropriate parties.
• Along with the QDDP and the Lead Staff, promptly resolves any discrepancies or conflict between programming, medical, dietary, and vocational aspects of the child’s assessment and program.
• Under the guidance of the QDDP, ensures assigned units are following program schedule and have necessary supplies.
• Collaborates with IBI and support services such as HR, PQI, Dietary, and medical records to meet program expectations.
• Backs up the QDDP in representing clients in Court Reviews and IEP/Case Conferences by providing accurate information regarding the client’s treatment progress and areas of need.
• Backs up the Lead Staff in ensuring assigned unit(s) are staffed in alignment with regulatory requirements, including working the unit as required.
• Serves as an active member of an interdisciplinary treatment team by attending and participating in monthly treatment reviews and weekly service line meetings.
• Organizes program meetings monthly.
• Attends mandatory staff meetings, LTM, IEP/Case Conferences, Child and Family Team meetings, and other meetings as assigned.
• Ensures that all activities, services and programs through Damar are conducted in a manner that is sensitive to and shows respect for the cultural and ethnic diversity for all Damar clients.
• Adheres to all policies and procedures as defined in the Employee Handbook and Damar Operational Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Takes pride and ownership in Damar’s facilities and assigned work areas.
• Ensures that the agency meets its quality improvement, evaluation and reporting requirements.
• Actively participates in and/or oversees data collection and the use of data to improve outcomes, practices and service delivery.
• Utilizes data collection in relation to driving and tracking outcomes and achieving agency initiatives and goals.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Responsible for purchasing, staffing, and overtime budgets.
• Seeks the best use of materials, equipment and staff to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
• Acts as a good steward of Damar and/or client finances.
• Acts as a liaison and consistently communicates with families, professionals, guardians and referring agencies to provide best outcomes for clients. Ensures that these communications are recorded in a timely manner.
• Respects the culture, diversity and rights of all clients, their families and the community.
• Shows initiative by identifying solutions to work towards improving stakeholder satisfaction.
Growth and Transformation
• Remains up to date on treatment best practices to ensure to proactively meet client demands.
• Prioritizes duties in a manner consistent with organizational objectives and growth.
• Ability to follow and execute specific verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to promote and maintain positive interaction with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong leadership skills with a collaborative and team oriented style.
• Prior experience working effectively within budget parameters.
• Knowledge and self-awareness of personal bias.
• Demonstrated respect for cultural, ethnic, spiritual and linguistic diversity and values including differences in personal goals, lifestyle choices and varying family backgrounds and histories.
• Ability to pass and maintain Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) certification if working in children’s residential home/unit licensed by Dept. of Child Services (DCS).
• Ability to physically manage and restrain clients when necessary, including ability to assist in lifting, maneuvering, and physically supporting individuals up to 200 pounds; ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
• Ability to walk, sit, stand, for long periods of time. May also be required to stoop, bend, squat, push, pull, run, kneel and have full dexterity and agility.
• Must meet one of the following qualifications:
• Previous supervisory experience preferred.
• Minimum age of 21 per licensure requirements.
• Valid Indiana driver’s license and driving record that meets eligibility requirements of Damar’s insurance carrier (for all positions requiring driving).
• Must meet and maintain background screening requirements of program(s) assigned to.
• No felony convictions or other criminal offenses involving a dependent population.
• Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and physical.