ABA Program Director
Remarkable People — We Are a Remarkable Team
ABA Autism Services by Damar combines the long-term experience and expertise of Damar Services with cutting-edge Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) approaches to offer a solution to families facing the challenges of raising a child with autism.
While many nonprofit and for-profit businesses offer ABA services, only ABA Autism Services by Damar can back its services with the experience and expertise of an organization that has been serving people with developmental challenges and autism for more than 50 years.
Damar’s ABA program begins with an evaluation that includes a full assessment of each child. Observation time, parent interviews, and the appropriate assessment tools are used to create an individualized treatment plan in order to meet the unique needs of your child with autism. Our services can include:
We are currently seeking a talented, motivated and detail oriented ABA Program Director to be responsible for performing a variety of duties related to daily operations of the identified ABA clinic. Responsibilities include direct supervision of ABA therapist and Clinical Support Therapists and management of clinic therapy schedules and transportation schedules and services provided INDHP123
Quality Services/High Quality Staff
• Hires, supervises and conducts periodic written job performance evaluations of assigned ABA staff.
• Provides direct clinical oversight to Program Management team.
• Works with Human Resources to coordinate the hiring of new employees to maintain appropriate staffing levels.
• Ensures that all staff has adequate training via training modules and client specific training.
• Directly monitors staff productivity levels and adjusts schedules accordingly.
• Performs comprehensive formal autism assessments when needed
• Provides direct therapy when needed.
• Implements, coordinates, monitor, documents, and evaluate measurable treatment goals.
• Ensures that consistent behavioral-based treatment occurs for clients through ongoing training of client’s identified support network.
• Participates in clinical staffing for clients.
• Interacts professionally with parents, school, medical personnel, and others using only excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Keep abreast of current treatment technology, literature, practices, and regulations.
• Attends meetings, conferences, and workshops as recommended by the Director of ABA Services
• Participates as a member of Damar’s Leadership Team Meeting.
• Will adhere to all policies and procedures as defined in the Employee Handbook and Damar Operational Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Completes incident reports, including reporting any suspected exploitation, abuse, or neglect of a client.
• Ensures that the Agency meets its quality improvement, evaluation and reporting requirements.
• Actively participates in and/or oversees data collection and the use of data to improve outcomes, practices and service delivery.
• Utilizes data collection in relation to driving and tracking outcomes and achieving Agency initiatives and goals.
• Takes pride and ownership in Damar’s facilities and assigned work areas.
• Acts as a good steward of Damar and/or client finances.
• Ensures that all billing sheets are completed thoroughly and accurately.
• Communicates with billing agency in regard to submitted claims and any changes to billing.
• Respects the culture, diversity and rights of all clients, their families and the community.
• Shows initiative by identifying solutions to work towards improving stakeholder satisfaction.
• Provides agency training and training for other agencies related to clinical topics/interests and best practices.
Growth and Transformation
• Evaluates opportunities for ABA services to grow and expand.
• Responsible for client schedules and general operations of clinic.
• Prioritizes duties in a manner consistent with organizational objectives and growth.
• Remains familiar with the agency’s Strategic Plan.
• Ability to follow and execute specific oral and written instructions.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to promote and maintain positive interaction with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Exhibits a positive and energetic demeanor and attitude consistent with the Damar philosophy and approach to client care.
• Minimum age of 21 depending on program and / or department requirements.
• Valid Indiana driver’s license and driving record that meets eligibility requirements of Damar’s insurance carrier (for all positions requiring driving).
• Master’s Degree and BCBA or Doctorate Degree with BCBA-D.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience leading teams.
• Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and physical.
• Must meet background screening requirements of program(s) assigned to.
• Previous experience in Autism Services required