Billing and Administrative Specialist
Remarkable People — We Are a Remarkable Team
At Damar, our people are remarkable. Our staff are dedicated to serving our clients to achieve remarkable results. We are a diverse team of men and women with a wide range of skills and experiences interested in careers that matter. We will provide you the training to help you not only provide the best service to our clients, but provide a place where you can fulfill your career ambitions. With competitive benefits, a culture of compassion, innovation and fun, Damar Services offers you the opportunity to do remarkable work.
We are currently seeking a talented, motivated and detail oriented Billing and Administrative Specialist to be responsible for the billing, collection, and claim management for Medicaid, Managed Care Organizations, and Third Party Payers for ABA Services. INDHP123
• Verify eligibility for services for ABA clients
• Submit claims to Medicaid, insurance and other payers.
• Support the Director of ABA Operations by obtaining authorization for new client services; review and renewal of authorization for existing clients as needed
• Collection and resolution of denials of claims posted to ABA Services
• Communicating to the Director of ABA Operation regarding any claims denied, deemed uncollectible, and outstanding receivables
• Establishes and maintains positive and efficient relationships with Medicaid, Managed Care Organizations, and Third Party Payers
• Serve as liaison to Insurance companies and MCOs to enable Damar to be a preferred provider
• Assist with contracting and credentialing, as needed
• Obtain, track and maintain authorizations for all clients with all payers
• Maintain contact with all payers regarding trainings on new or changed procedures
• Maintain clinical records
• Assist with client services by answering phones and greeting clients and guests.
• Will adhere to all policies and procedures as defined in the Employee Handbook, ABA Operational Policies and Procedures, and Damar Operational Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Takes pride and ownership in Damar’s facilities and assigned work areas.
• Attends training, staff meetings and other meetings as assigned.
• Maintains documentation that is accurate and legible.
• Completes incident reports, including reporting any suspected exploitation, abuse, or neglect of a client.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Associate’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with no experience or a minimum of 5 years accounting or finance experience will be accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Minimum age of 21 depending on program and / or department requirements.
• Valid Indiana driver’s license and driving record that meets eligibility requirements of Damar’s insurance carrier (for all positions requiring driving).
• Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and physical.
• Must meet background screening requirements of program(s) assigned to.
• Excel software knowledge is required.
• Must have professional appearance and attitude.
• Must be a self-starter and highly detail oriented.
• Strong analytical skills critical in this position.