Remarkable People — We Are a Remarkable Team
At Damar, our people are remarkable. Our staff are dedicated to serving our clients to achieve remarkable results. We are a diverse team of men and women with a wide range of skills and experiences interested in careers that matter. We will provide you the training to help you not only provide the best service to our clients, but provide a place where you can fulfill your career ambitions. With competitive benefits, a culture of compassion, innovation and fun, Damar Services offers you the opportunity to do remarkable work.
The Nurse will be responsible for the delivery of medical and nursing services children and young adults served in Damar’s residential programs.INDHP123
Quality Services/High Quality Staff
• Follow established health-related procedures and related policies throughout all areas of Damar.
• Periodical review of medication usage, medical logs, and condition of medicine cabinets.
• Reviewing monthly physician’s orders for each resident.
• Ensures that all activities, services and programs through Damar are conducted in a manner that is sensitive to and shows respect for the cultural and ethnic diversity for all Damar clients.
• Review physician’s notes and nursing notes for each client to ensure follow-up is completed if needed.
• Conduct periodic observations of program staff during medication administration.
• Participate in weekly Interdisciplinary Team meetings.
• Complete “well-client care” section for assigned resident’s annual Individual Support Plan (ISP) and attend annual ISP meetings.
• Attending monthly reviews of client progress.
• Conduct periodic in-services and training for program staff (including Core A & B training for medication administration, first aid training, signs and symptoms of disease).
• Schedules and assists with physician, clinic and dental visits as assigned.
• Will adhere to all policies and procedures as defined in the Employee Handbook and Damar Operational Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Takes pride and ownership in Damar’s facilities and assigned work areas.
• Attends mandatory staff meeting and other meetings as assigned.
• Completes and updates mandatory training and other licensure related items in a timely manner.
• Maintains documentation that is accurate and legible.
• Completes incident reports, including reporting any suspected exploitation, abuse, or neglect of a client.
• Ensures that the Agency meets its quality improvement, evaluation and reporting requirements.
• Actively participates in and/or oversees data collection and the use of data to improve outcomes, practices and service delivery.
• Utilizes data collection in relation to driving and tracking outcomes and achieving Agency initiatives and goals.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Seeks the best use of materials, equipment and staff to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
• Acts as a good steward of Damar and/or client finances.
• Respects the culture, diversity and rights of all clients, their families and the community.
• Shows initiative by identifying solutions to work towards improving stakeholder satisfaction.
Growth and Transformation
• Prioritizes duties in a manner consistent with organizational objectives and growth.
• Ability to follow and execute specific oral and written instructions.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to promote and maintain positive interaction with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Knowledge of federal Medicaid regulations for ICFs/MR a plus.
• Demonstrate respect for cultural, ethnic, spiritual and linguistic diversity and values including differences in personal goals, lifestyle choices and varying family backgrounds and histories.
• Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) training is required, certification is preferred but not required.
• May be required to walk, stand, stoop, bend, squat, push, pull, run, and have full dexterity and agility.
• Must have Indiana nursing license as a Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse (RN preferred).
• Experience in serving individuals with developmental disabilities, and knowledge of current trends and research in the use of psychotropic medications with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred.
• Minimum age of 21 depending on program and / or department requirements.
• Valid Indiana driver’s license and driving record that meets eligibility requirements of Damar’s insurance carrier (for all positions requiring driving).
• Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and physical.
• Must meet background screening requirements of program(s) assigned to.