Talent Acquisition Specialist
Remarkable People — We Are a Remarkable Team
At Damar, our people are remarkable. Our staff are dedicated to serving our clients to achieve remarkable results. We are a diverse team of men and women with a wide range of skills and experiences interested in careers that matter. We will provide you the training to help you not only provide the best service to our clients, but provide a place where you can fulfill your career ambitions. With competitive benefits, a culture of compassion, innovation and fun, Damar Services offers you the opportunity to do remarkable work.
We are currently seeking a talented, motivated and detail oriented Talent Acquisition Specalist to join our highly skilled team and be responsible for the recruitment of positions across the agency.
Quality Services/High Quality Staff
• Manages full cycle recruiting responsibilities to include create and managing job postings, opening requisitions in the ATS, sourcing candidates, reviewing resumes, conducting applicant interviews, scheduling interviews for hiring managers, providing candidate summaries to hiring managers and extending offers of employment.
• Develops, implements and executes hiring strategy to achieve high volume recruitment targets.
• Consults with hiring managers to understand business needs, develop position specific recruitment plans and identify candidate pools.
• Provides timely communications and feedback to candidates.
• Identifies and develops appropriate channels to recruit candidates for internships and agency openings to include active and passive sourcing, building relationships within the community (i.e., colleges, employment agencies, and recruiters), and participating in job fairs.
• Maintains accurate information in the Applicant Tracking system to include moving candidates through the recruitment workflow, responding to candidate inquiries, and completing all required requisition fields to allow for accurate and timely reporting of processes.
• Serves as a backup for on-boarding activities to include pre-employment background checks and agency specific verifications.
• Will adhere to all policies and procedures as defined in the Employee Handbook and Damar Operational Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Takes pride and ownership in Damar’s facilities and assigned work areas.
• Attends mandatory staff meeting and other meetings as assigned.
• Completes and updates mandatory training and other licensure related items in a timely manner.
• Maintains documentation that is accurate and legible.
• Completes incident reports, including reporting any suspected exploitation, abuse, or neglect of a client.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Seeks the best use of materials, equipment and staff to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
• Acts as a good steward of Damar and/or client finances.
• Respects the culture, diversity and rights of all clients, their families and the community.
• Shows initiative by identifying solutions to work towards improving stakeholder satisfaction.
• Builds collaborative relationships with vendors and auditors of Damar.
Growth and Transformation
• Prioritizes duties in a manner consistent with organizational objectives and growth.
• Ability to follow and execute specific verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to promote and maintain positive interaction with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to work with a high attention to detail and accuracy with work.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule.
• Ability to lead process improvement efforts and enforce hiring policies across Damar.
• Proficient computer skills - Strong familiarity with Saas-based programs ranging from specific recruiting service tools to common professional productivity programs such as word processing, spreadsheets and presentations.
• Knowledge of general principles of recruiting, staffing systems and tools.
• Knowledge of staffing, employment law, and human resources.
• Knowledge of industry regulations related to employment and background checks.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 2- 4 year experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in recruitment of both exempt and non-exempt positions.
• Previous experience working with HRIS and ATS systems preferred.
• Minimum age of 21 depending on program and / or department requirements.
• Valid Indiana driver’s license and driving record that meets eligibility requirements of Damar’s insurance carrier (for all positions requiring driving).
• Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and physical.
• Must meet background screening requirements of program(s) assigned to.