Residential Lead Staff
Remarkable People — We Are a Remarkable Team
At Damar, our people are remarkable. Our staff are dedicated to serving our clients to achieve remarkable results. We are a diverse team of men and women with a wide range of skills and experiences interested in careers that matter. We will provide you the training to help you not only provide the best service to our clients, but provide a place where you can fulfill your career ambitions. With competitive benefits, a culture of compassion, innovation and fun, Damar Services offers you the opportunity to do remarkable work.
The Lead Staff is responsible for leading, directing and monitoring treatment services provided by assigned staff within Damar’s Children’s Residential Services. In this capacity, the Lead Staff will actively promote agency philosophy in the delivery of services and perform essential job duties and responsibilities in accordance with Damar’s Strategic Plan and requirements by licensure. INDHP123
Quality Services/High Quality Staff
• Manages and oversees the day-to-day residential operations of assigned unit or group homes within Children’s Residential Services.
• Provides onsite unit or group home support, as directed by the Residential Manager.
• Manages all employee functions of assigned staff including recruitment, on the job training, coaching and mentoring, performance appraisals, and performance management functions.
• Manages staff schedules, activity schedules, and meal count procedures.
• On a daily basis, ensures Paycor data is accurate and updated.
• Develops staff schedules according to staffing budget. Ensures assigned unit(s) are staffed in alignment with regulatory requirements, including working the unit as required.
• Ensures staff are familiar and are implementing the client’s program plan.
• Ensures all clients participate in recreation and special Olympic activities as detailed in their program plan.
• Under the guidance of the QDDP, ensures assigned units are following program schedule and have necessary supplies.
• Along with the QDDP, coordinates the scheduling of client activities (i.e. client transports, trainings, meetings, etc.) and makes schedule adjustments to staffing levels to achieve operational objectives.
• Ensures all client/unit documentation, including but not limited to staff assignment sheets, behavior tracking sheets, progress notes, precaution sheets, bed check logs, daily staff inspections with work orders (environment of care), fire and tornado drills are completed timely and turned in to medical records.
• Ensures all agency policies and procedures are followed and staff are following rules and regulations required within the program.
• Serves as an active member of an interdisciplinary treatment team by attending and participating in monthly treatment reviews and weekly service line meetings.
• Ensures that all activities, services and programs through Damar are conducted in a manner that is sensitive to and shows respect for the cultural and ethnic diversity for all Damar clients.
• Adheres to all policies and procedures as defined in the Employee Handbook and Damar Operational Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Takes pride and ownership in Damar’s facilities and assigned work areas.
• Attends mandatory staff meeting and other meetings as assigned.
• Ensures that the agency meets its quality improvement, evaluation and reporting requirements.
• Actively participates in and/or oversees data collection and the use of data to improve outcomes, practices and service delivery.
• Utilizes data collection in relation to driving and tracking outcomes and achieving agency initiatives and goals.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Seeks the best use of materials, equipment and staff to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
• Acts as a good steward of Damar and/or client finances.
• Respects the culture, diversity and rights of all clients, their families and the community.
• Shows initiative by identifying solutions to work towards improving stakeholder satisfaction.
Growth and Transformation
• Prioritizes duties in a manner consistent with organizational objectives and growth.
• Ability to follow and execute specific verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to promote and maintain positive interaction with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to lead others with a collaborative and team oriented style.
• Knowledge and self-awareness of personal bias.
• Demonstrated respect for cultural, ethnic, spiritual and linguistic diversity and values including differences in personal goals, lifestyle choices and varying family backgrounds and histories.
• Ability to pass and maintain Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) certification if working in children’s residential home/unit licensed by Dept. of Child Services (DCS).
• Ability to physically manage and restrain clients when necessary, including ability to assist in lifting, maneuvering, and physically supporting individuals up to 200 pounds; ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
• Ability to walk, sit, stand, for long periods of time. May also be required to stoop, bend, squat, push, pull, run, kneel and have full dexterity and agility.
• Must meet one of the following qualifications:
• Minimum age of 21 per licensure requirements.
• Valid Indiana driver’s license and driving record that meets eligibility requirements of Damar’s insurance carrier (for all positions requiring driving).
• Must meet and maintain background screening requirements of program(s) assigned to.
• No felony convictions or other criminal offenses involving a dependent population.
• Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and physical.