Remarkable People — We Are a Remarkable Team
At Damar, our people are remarkable. Our staff are dedicated to serving our clients to achieve remarkable results. We are a diverse team of men and women with a wide range of skills and experiences interested in careers that matter. We will provide you the training to help you not only provide the best service to our clients, but provide a place where you can fulfill your career ambitions. With competitive benefits, a culture of compassion, innovation and fun, Damar Services offers you the opportunity to do remarkable work.
We are currently seeking a talented, motivated and detail oriented individuals to join our highly skilled team. The Utility Aide is responsible for providing assistance to Dietary staff and supporting all areas of kitchen activities, while maintaining the highest application of health and safety standards. INDHP123
Quality Services/High Quality Staff
• Washes dishes and other dishware in preparation for future meal service.
• Stores dishes and dishware in the proper storage areas.
• Assists with breaking down and preparing carts for meal service.
• Completes assigned cleaning duties including sweeping and mopping.
• Completes end of shift functions, as assigned.
• Provides assistance to the Dietary staff.
• Uses chemicals properly and equipment properly, i.e. dishwasher – assembles and disassembles.
• Adheres to all policies and procedures as defined in the Employee Handbook and Damar Operational Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Takes pride and ownership in Damar’s facilities and assigned work areas.
• Attends mandatory staff meeting and other meetings as assigned.
• Completes and updates mandatory training and other licensure related items in a timely manner.
• Maintains documentation that is accurate and legible.
• Completes incident reports, including reporting any suspected exploitation, abuse, or neglect of a client.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Seeks the best use of materials, equipment and staff to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
• Acts as a good steward of Damar and/or client finances.
• Respects the culture, diversity and rights of all clients, their families and the community.
• Shows initiative by identifying solutions to work towards improving stakeholder satisfaction.
Growth and Transformation
• Prioritizes duties in a manner consistent with organizational objectives and growth.
• Ability to routinely lift 10 to 20 pounds to waist level or overhead.
• Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds to waist level.
• Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time. May also be required to stoop, bend, squat, push, pull, run, kneel and have full dexterity and agility.
• Ability to occasionally climb ladders to clean hood systems.
• Follows proper sanitation procedures.
• Ability to follow and execute specific verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to promote and maintain positive interaction with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to demonstrate teamwork.
• Prior food service work preferred.
• Previous high volume kitchen experience preferred.
• Minimum age of 21 depending on program and / or department requirements.
• Valid Indiana driver’s license and driving record that meets eligibility requirements of Damar’s insurance carrier (for all positions requiring driving).
• Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and physical.
• Must meet background screening requirements of program(s) assigned to.