Remarkable People — We Are a Remarkable Team
At Damar, our people are remarkable. Our staff are dedicated to serving our clients to achieve remarkable results. We are a diverse team of men and women with a wide range of skills and experiences interested in careers in Dietary that matter. We will provide you the training to help you not only provide the best service to our clients, but provide a place where you can fulfill your career ambitions. With competitive benefits, a culture of compassion, innovation and fun, Damar Services offers you the opportunity to do remarkable work.
We are currently seeking a talented, motivated and detail oriented individuals to join our highly skilled team. The Cook I is responsible and successful in completing assigned kitchen responsibilities related to food preparation. The Cook I will prepare meals, load food carts, and ensure the kitchen and equipment is maintained in a clean and sanitary manner. INDHP123
Quality Services/High Quality Staff
• Completes assigned tasks on the duty sheet including food preparation, preparing sacked meals, and / or cooking carts.
• Follows recipes and menus for cooking and preparing meals.
• Assists in the storage and handling of food supplies, including routine stocking of supplies.
• Reviews menus, activity calendars, duty sheets and demonstrates understanding of assigned tasks for the day.
• Reviews and accurately follows meal count information to ensure food items are accurately divided for meals occurring at both main and satellite kitchens.
• Completes cleaning tasks including maintaining a clean work area, assisting others in cleaning, as well as participating in end of shift cleaning responsibilities.
• Completes assigned prep and thaw sheet responsibilities.
• Completes assigned vegetable prep functions.
• Completed assigned paperwork.
• Completes assigned utility functions including washing and sanitizing food carts, washing dishes and completing set up for the next meal.
• Assists in maintaining the kitchen and equipment in a clean and sanitary manner which meet licensing requirements, included but not limited to sweeping and mopping floors and cleaning the stove and hood system.
• Adheres to all policies and procedures as defined in the Employee Handbook and Damar Operational Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Takes pride and ownership in Damar’s facilities and assigned work areas.
• Attends mandatory staff meeting and other meetings as assigned.
• Completes and updates mandatory training and other licensure related items in a timely manner.
• Maintains documentation that is accurate and legible.
• Completes incident reports, including reporting any suspected exploitation, abuse, or neglect of a client.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Seeks the best use of materials, equipment and staff to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
• Acts as a good steward of Damar and/or client finances.
• Respects the culture, diversity and rights of all clients, their families and the community.
• Shows initiative by identifying solutions to work towards improving stakeholder satisfaction.
• Interacts professionally with parents, teachers, staff, volunteers, and sales and repair people.
Growth and Transformation
• Prioritizes duties in a manner consistent with organizational objectives and growth.
• Shows initiative and proficiency in Special Needs diet meal preparation.
• Knowledge of health, safety, and sanitary practices regarding cooking.
• Knowledge and ability in food preparation.
• Ability to read and follow written recipes and menus.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to follow and execute specific verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to quickly complete recipe conversions to meet meal serving needs.
• Ability to promote and maintain positive interactions with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to routinely lift 10 to 20 pounds to waist level or overhead.
• Ability to occasionally lift up to 42 pounds to waist level.
• Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time. May also be required to stoop, bend, squat, push, pull, run, kneel and have full dexterity and agility.
• Minimum of 3 months of relevant food preparation experience (i.e., restaurant, residential facility or schools).
• Prior work experience in a high volume kitchen preferred.
• Completes ServSafe certification within 18 months of hire.
• Minimum age of 21 depending on program and / or department requirements.
• Valid Indiana driver’s license and driving record that meets eligibility requirements of Damar’s insurance carrier (for all positions requiring driving).
• Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and physical.
• Must meet background screening requirements of program(s) assigned to.